New decade, new blog I guess 😅
The new year, for all intents and purposes, is pretty much exactly the same as the year before. But the calendar turning over does give us a chance to take stock of our accomplishments and wipe clean the slate of bad habits and unfinished projects.
It also gives us the opportunity to set intentions for the year (and the decade!) ahead. So in that spirit, here's what I'm looking forward to this year:
- Costume Con 38 is happening March 13th-16th in Montréal. My tickets are already purchased and my cosplays are about halfway done! I also have the honour of being a Doll Costume Contest judge, which I am very much looking forward to.
- Finishing the LONGEST cosplay project I have ever done. I want to compete in the science-fiction & fantasy masquerade at Costume Con 38, which has meant working on one single project since May. It's been great and rewarding and so, so long.
- I have an extensive list of potential cosplays (who doesn't, really?), but I'm narrowing things down and eager to get started on something new!
- I started a Redbubble this year and I'm very excited to continue building up my portfolio of designs available for purchase!
- Speaking of purchases, I'm also working on a few projects that I will hopefully be able to put up for purchase! I'm not sure exactly what form it will take but I'm looking at making some organizational aids for cosplay that might be helpful to some of you.
The beginning of this year is going to be a little all over the place. I need to finish up this project but also move. I'm not sure exactly where I'm going yet so... watch this space.
In the end, my intention for 2020 is to try and relax and lean into the upheaval I'm about to go through. It's not going to be easy but in the end I hope it will be worth it, and that in a few months I can be updating from a new, permanent place.